The Vinnytsia Linuxation hackathon is designed to enlarge students understanding of DevOps technologies, network administration, UNIX-like operating systems, and major GNU/Linux distributions in particular. The competition will give students the opportunity to demonstrate their excellent level of knowledge in relevant IT fields, declare to IT industry their intention to take their place in it as a DevOps engineer, network administrator, embedded system developer or even as IT manager.
Three steps for absolute victoryDon't miss the opportunity to compete with the coolest Linux gurus in Vinnytsia.
You have to go through the following steps:
Sign up1 March - 15 April
to participate in the contest you need to register on the IT-Universe website and apply for the participation in competitionsee below for the information about required skills
Build a team1 - 15 April
during this period, participants form teams to participate in the IT competitionteam of 2-4 persons
Take part in a competition17 April (remote)
зregistered teams will be able to participate remotelysee more at VNTU website
Knowledge and skills that are needed on the IT competition:
- ability to work with GNU/Linux distros in the command line environment
- understanding of computer networks, in particular their use in clouds and virtualization systems
- configure web services and databases on GNU/Linux servers and in cloud environments
- understanding of GNU/Linux security (ACL, firewalls, FS permissions) and AWS cloud services
- ability to work in the environment of Amazon Web Services
To improve your knowledge and skills of using Amazon Web Services cloud services, we recommend you to take the Cloud Computing 101 and DevOps free courses on the AWS Educate platform.
The IT competition will take place on April 17, 2021. As in 2020, the year it will take place in remote format. You can also register for the "Linux Administration", contest, which will be open until May. Tasks of previous years of hackathon can be found here.